From your pen to the reader's hands
As a book editor and publisher, I get this question a lot: "If I were to write a book, what steps would it go through to be published?"
Here is the big picture of how After the Rain Publishing LLC publishes books:
1. You write the manuscript, a fancy dancy term for your book before it is published.
2. We edit your manuscript. We correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors; replace blah words with punchier ones; remove distracting redundancies; make sure everything makes sense; ensure everything flows smoothly; and generally just make your manuscript sparkle, all while maintaining your voice and tone. Whew! That's a lot of work! But it's fun work! Our job is to make you look like the best author in the world, and after 10 years, we're pretty good at it.
3. A professional graphic designer designs a front and back cover for your book, including a spine if your book is thick enough. In the publishing world, a book is indeed judged by its cover, and our contract designers have real-world experience designing covers that will make your book sell.
4. We design the inside of your book. Using industry-standard software, we make sure chapter titles, page numbers, text, and other components line up and stand out, giving your book a professional look that causes your readers to see you as a credible, amazing author.
5. After getting your approval at every step, we upload your manuscript and cover files to the POD (print-on-demand) professional printer. When a customer orders your book, this printer prints it and mails it to the customer. Pretty slick, eh?
If you're thinking of writing a book, that is how it would be published with After the Rain Publishing! Drop us a line and let's get started on your masterpiece today!